RISU is adopting achievement reward pricing.
Achievement reward is based on the child’s progress
With our critical thinking curriculum and professional tutor’s support,
majority of children progress very fast.
So, we’re proud of delivering achievement reward pricing.
Base Subscription Fee
- The annual subscription fee is $28 per month and the quarterly subscription fee is $38 per month.
- RISU charges the annual subscription fee in four installments of $84 each for the first four consecutive months and the quarterly subscription fee of $114 at once on the last business day of each month.
- The annual subscription fee covers twelve months and quarterly subscription fee covers three months from the date of contract, which is three days after RISU ships out the RISU Tablet.
- In case of termination or cancellation of subscription, RISU charges remaining installments of annual or quarterly subscription fee and all unpaid charges at once on the day of termination or cancellation.
- RISU automatically applies a 15% discount to the annual or quarterly subscription fee of simultaneous subscribers under the same account excluding the first subscriber.
- The family discount is only applicable if multiple subscribers are simultaneously subscribed to RISU.
Achievement Reward Fee
- RISU charges an achievement reward fee if “average cleared stages” that is calculated by dividing total cleared stages after the placement test by number of month subscribing RISU exceeds 1.36 (stages per month).
- How to calculate the average cleared stages:
Average cleared stages =
(number of total stages cleared by the date of calculation ? number of cleared stages by the placement test) / number of months subscribing RISU Since the average cleared stages is calculated over the total subscription period, not each month, you may be charged the achievement reward fee even if your child does not clear any stage in a particular month, if he/she cleared many stages in the prior month(s).
- RISU sets the average speed of 1.36 stages per month by dividing the total number of stages, 98, by 72 (months).
- RISU charges the achievement reward fee of $40 if the “average cleared stages” is larger than 1.36 and less than 2.04 that is 1.5 times of 1.36, $60 if the “average cleared stages” is equal to or greater than 2.04 and less than 2.72 that is 2.0 times of 1.36, and $80 if the “average cleared stages” is equal to or greater than 2.72.
- RISU charges the achievement reward fee on the last business day of each month.
- Each stage has 25 sheets that contain question(s), and the last sheet is the time sensitive achievement test. If your child earns a score equal to or greater than 60 points on the test, RISU recognizes that he/she has cleared the stage.
- The maximum achievement reward fee is $80 per month.
- This is a service that replaces RISU’s designated tablet, the RISU Tablet, at a special price if the RISU Tablet is damaged.
- The annual subscription fee includes the Tablet Insurance subscription that covers one year, which is the same period as the annual subscription.
- You can replace the RISU tablet only once for $60 if the insurance is applied. If you do not have the insurance, the replacement will cost $240.
- Once the RISU Tablet is replaced, the coverage ends. You will need to participate in the insurance at a cost of $20 if you would like to get the coverage until the end of the annual subscription. You need to apply by the last business day of the month when the replacement happens. You will not be able to participate in it afterwards.
- Quarterly subscription does not include this insurance. Quarterly subscriber can participate in it at the cost of $20 if he / she apply it by the last business day of the first month. It covers to the date which comes earlier either twelve months from the date of contract or the date when the subscription is terminated or cancelled.
- No refund is made in any reason in case of termination or cancellation.
- This insurance does not cover the suspension period.
- RISU will replace the tablet if the damage was unintentional or the tablet itself malfunctions. The case, battery charger, including the cable and connector, and stylus are not covered.
What is not covered is 1) any damage caused by RISU Tablet, 2) RISU Tablet damaged by modification, abuse, misuse, liquid contact, fire, earthquake and other natural disaster, 3) RISU Tablet that has been lost or stolen (you need to return the damaged RISU Tablet to RISU), 4) cosmetic damage, 5) case, battery charger including the cable and stylus pen.
- Each insurance covers only one RISU tablet associated with the annual base subscription.
- If you have multiple subscribers, each of them needs to participate in the insurance separately.
Suspension and restart
- You can suspend the subscription monthly basis. The suspension starts from the beginning of following month of RISU receiving the suspension request and continues till RISU receives the request of restarting the subscription.
- RISU does not charge both achievement reward fee and annual or quarterly subscription fee while you are in suspension. The subscription period is also not included when calculating the average cleared stages.
- RISU charges a $5 suspension fee on the last business day of each month while you are on the suspension. The suspension fee is charged separately and does not take from the annual or quarterly subscription fee.
- While on the suspension, you are not able to access new stages, but you can access the learning history and my page for the parent.
- You can restart the subscription in three business days after notifying RISU about the restart intention.
- The suspension period ends at the end of previous month retroactively when RISU receives the restart request. For instance, if RISU received the restart request in February, the suspension period ends at the end of January.
- RISU extends the annual or quarterly subscription period for the same amount as the suspension period.
Cancellation and termination
- Cancellation within the subscription period becomes effective at the end of the month. RISU does not charge any additional cancellation fee, nor refund any paid subscription. However, RISU charges the remaining installments of the annual base subscription and any unpaid charges when it receives the cancellation request.
- The termination of the subscription at the end of the subscription period needs to be informed at least one month prior to the renewal. Please note that RISU does not accept the termination in the last one month of the subscription and handles it as the cancellation after the renewal.
- You need to send the RISU Tablet back to RISU at your own cost upon termination or cancellation. You can keep the RISU Tablet at the cost of $180 for quarterly subscribers and $60 for annual subscribers. You can use it for the review.
- If you do not return the RISU Tablet, the returned RISU Tablet is broken or one or more parts are missing, RISU charges the replace cost.
- RISU may deny your subscription after your cancellation or termination. You may need to agree on carry over the study history and average cleared stages of the previous subscription to subscribe to RISU again.
- Your subscription will automatically be renewed unless you inform RISU about the termination at least one month prior to the end of the subscription period. Once you miss the timing, you are not able to terminate the subscription and you will be charged the new subscription fee for the same period with the previous subscription.
- The tablet insurance will be renewed automatically including quarterly subscribers who participate in it.
- RISU will either repair the defect at no charge using new or refurbished parts or exchanging the RISU Tablet with a new or refurbished RISU Tablet under this warranty, if you submit a valid claim by informing RISU that a defect in materials and workmanship as arisen in the RISU Tablet in initial 30 days.
- Out of warranty repairs or checks will be charged. Please contact RISU before shipping out the RISU Tablet. RISU will estimate the repair price before performing the repair.
- RISU may reset the RISU Tablet in the course of repair. RISU carries over the learning history, point, and other RISU information.
- The price above excludes taxes. The subscriber is responsible for paying taxes.
- Wi-Fi Internet connection is required to use RISU. You need to be responsible for providing the Wi-Fi Internet connection and the equipment.
- RISU is not responsible for the delivery as long as it uses reasonable methods such as using FedEx, UPS, or USPS, even if the product is not delivered.
- No continental US customers including overseas customers are responsible for the shipping cost and taxes (Import tax, VAT, customs, and other fees).